Monday, 12 November 2007

Remembrance Day

Yesterday was Remembrance Day, where they commemorate people who have sacrificed their lives during the various wars.

The day before, I was chatting to a neighbour about his experiences during the Second World War. Although he said he never attends these commemorations, he stressed how important it was for people to remember what people went through during the wars. I told him I didn't see the point remembering the wars when we can focus only on peace and love.

Last night I watched a TV drama called My Boy Jack that is based on author, Rudyard Kipling's experiences during World War 1. At first his son, Jack, tries to join the Navy but fails the medical because of his poor eyesight. Next, he tries the Army but fails for the same reason. Rudyard manages to pull some strings, which enables Jack to be admitted into the Army. Jack is soon killed in battle. We follow Rudyard and his wife's desperate attempts to find their son who is described as missing, until they finally meet someone from his regiment who had witnessed Jack's death. Rudyard has to come to terms with the guilt he feels for letting his son go to war.

As I watched the programme I had vivid memories of being in the war, not as the soldiers or people but as a presence of Light. I could remember being right there in the battlefield with everyone. I remember being the Light that was consoling the soldiers who had passed on and being with their families. I could also remember being present in all wars including the current ones.

This shows that while I appeared to be watching television, in Reality I am everywhere present as the eternal Light. We are all this eternal Light assisting and loving one another and being each other's guides.

Remembrance Day is an opportunity to remember my identity as the omnipresent Light in all realities.

Light is always shining in darkness.

Enocia

Related articles: There is Always Light in Darkness; Always at One; Conspiracy Theories; Love is Forever; You are the Light of the World; All Good is Ever Present