Sunday, 4 November 2007

The Power of Prayer

Prayer is an important aspect of who I am being, whether I'm in silence or putting out an intention.

As the library was quite busy, I put out an intention that I wanted to stay on the same computer. When my hour was up, I asked the librarian for more time but was allocated a different computer. When my time was nearly up I had a thought that I wanted my time extended, but I couldn't be bothered to get up and walk to the reception desk. I didn't need to because my time was automatically extended anyway. Thank you, Universe.

Speaking of intent, my mother shared a story about her grandfather who was a Muslim. He also used to pray for people. A man was accused of stealing company funds and was due in court. The man knew he would be sent to prison if found guilty. The day before his trial, he went to see my grandfather to ask him to pray for him.

"Did you steal the money?" grandfather said. "I need you to tell me the truth otherwise I can't help you."

"Yes, I did, sir."

"What did you do with the money?"

"I used it to buy things for my family, sir."

"OK, I know you're telling the truth. I will help you."

My grandfather told the man to go to court the next day as expected. When the man turned up, he waited and he waited but no one called out his name. At the end of the court session, he asked the clerk why his name hadn't been called out. The clerk told him his name wasn't listed and there were no papers for him.

Prayer works! You only need to believe.

Enocia

Related articles: I Just Need Some Space!; Why Praying is Very Important to Me; When Two or Three are Gathered; Law and Grace