Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Motherly Instinct

While I was chatting to my older brother about relationships he asked me why I didn't want to have children as it would be a good opportunity to love unconditionally.

"Having kids is not my calling," I said.

"Have you never thought about having kids?"

"Well I did when I was with G. When I made the commitment to follow the path I'm on now, that desire melted away. I realised it wasn't for me."

"But don't you have any motherly instinct?"

"Um, I don't have an instinct to produce kids from my loins, if that's what you mean. I do have a motherly instinct to embrace all in my love. I already do this in my writings and with people I meet. One day I'm going to set up a centre to express that love. I have no doubt I'll be working with kids, but having my own kids is not for me."

I was glad I had that conversation with my brother as it reminded me that I do have a motherly instinct to love as my True Self in all I do. As I see it, having a family is not about loving just my loved ones and relatives but about expanding my love to embrace the all.

Love and light to all.

Enocia

Related articles: Identity Crises and Wake-Up Calls; What is Family?