Monday, 19 November 2007

Listed Building

One of the libraries I go to was refurbished recently. They couldn't exactly demolish it and start from scratch as it's a listed building i.e. it is historic. Even though the never version still has the old features, I can't for the life of me remember what the building used to look like before it was done up. All I know is it looks very contemporary and stylish.

At some point in the future, some bright spark is going to come up with another brilliant way to have the building modernised. Maybe they would have got rid of all books and magazines and there will only be a tiny space for users who still prefer to read books the old-fashioned way. Everyone else will have easy access to books and stuff on their mobile phones or some similar technology. I'm sure the architects will keep the original features though as it is a listed building.

The building reminds me of my body, which is the same original light grid installation I've always had and will always have. This body has never been born nor can it ever die. Every time I take a form, the Light simply shape shifts into that particular form and relevant experiences. There is really no need to experience death; the Light can always change its form while still retaining its original features.

My body is a grade 8 listed Light grid installation. Please handle with care.

Enocia

Related articles: I'm Just a Love Machine; Beyond the Veil; Identity Crises and Wake-Up Calls; Immortality; Being Here Now; Undoing Programmes with the Light Grid; House Makeover