Wednesday, 7 November 2007

I Wonder

The other day I thought about a woman who used to work at the library I go to. I know she works for another branch now and I wondered how she was.

When I arrived at the library this morning, it was closed. While I waited, I chatted to a user outside. She asked me what I thought the problem was. I said that sometimes they don't open if they haven't got enough staff.

After a while a librarian came outside to apologise for the delay, which was due to not having a senior member of staff present. Apparently the library policy is they have to have a manager present before they can open to the public.

The doors were finally open by, guess who, the woman I'd been wondering about.

"Well hello! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are," I said.

"Oh, so it's your fault then that I had to come here this morning," she chuckled.

"Don't tell me you are the senior member of staff they were waiting for?"

"There was a bit of controversy this morning, but it's all sorted now," she said. "I'm going back to my branch."

My friend told me where she was now based. She encouraged me to use it as it has better facilities. After chatting for a few minutes, she left for her library.

It was good to see her again.

Amazing what can happen when I wonder about stuff. What else shall I wonder about now?

I'm not telling you readers what it's about, just watch this space.

Enocia

Related articles: Always at One; Being the Cause