Thursday, 11 October 2007

Reflection

From time to time I like reviewing articles I've written that remind me about myself.

While I was reviewing The Observer yesterday, I read the quote from Rudyard Kipling's poem, If, which I adore:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same
Yesterday evening when I went home, I noticed my mother was watching a comedy called The Thin Blue Line and one of the characters was saying:

"If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two impostors just the same."

I told my mother I'd just read that passage from the poem.

She only watched the comedy for a few minutes and then changed to another channel.

The world is my reflection.

Enocia

Related article: Mirror Image