Monday, 22 October 2007

Losing a Battle But Winning the War

Sometimes, life seems as if it's going in the complete opposite direction from the one I intended. That's because I'm only getting the small picture perspective of what is. I find the trick is to focus on my goals with unbended intention. Put another way, I continue to believe all is well no matter what.

Speaking of which, I've watched a few episodes of Season 8 of America's Next Top Model, where 13 hopefuls are trying to impress the judges to be voted the next top model. The interesting thing is the UK is a season behind so I already know Jaslene Gonzalez won the competition. Knowing what I know, it's still fun to watch how each episode pans out.

Every week the models are called out on a photo shoot and one of them is voted the CoverGirl of the week. According to the summary of "Call Out Order", Jaslene was only the CoverGirl of the week for 4 out of 13 episodes. I'm sure there was a time when Jaslene didn't think she would win but she must have continued to believe in herself. She ended up winning the only competition that mattered - being crowned America's Next Top Model.

That's the power of unbended intention. If I can see myself already at my goal even when appearances would have me believe I haven't a hope in hell, then it's only a matter of biding my time until that deciding moment when I know it will all come good in the end.

I'm not concerned about losing a battle, I am only interested in winning the war.

Enocia

Related articles: Perceptual Positions; Detour; Satellite Navigation System; No Dilemmas, Only Intention; The Magician; Through a Glass Darkly; Self-Belief