Monday, 8 October 2007

Being Relaxed

I have observed there are only two ways of being: stressed or relaxed. By stressed, I don't mean being really busy and frantically trying to make a deadline. How I react to any situation determines whether I'm feeling stressed. If I react by fight/flight; attack/defence, then I'm stressed.

When I'm relaxed I'm simply being the real Me which takes every moment as it comes without reacting to it.

For instance, while I was speaking to a friend, I felt myself tensing up. My breath was slightly shallow, my fists were clenched and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I told myself to relax. The tension was immediately released and I was back to feeling like Me again.

I find when I'm being relaxed, I feel this awesome power within me come to life and take over. In moments of complete surrender, I only need to have a thought and the Power acts out this thought without my needing to take physical action.

Another way I get myself into a state of deep relaxation is I simply think of peace and all that I am being is peace.

Chilling out.

Enocia

Related articles: Barking Up the Wrong Tree; You Rang, Milady?; My Recurring Theme Tune; My Function and My Body are One; A Reminder to Be Myself; Smile; Handle With Care; Gently Does It